Suggested by one of our Autism Consultants.
Solve serious behavior challenges in K–8 classrooms with the updated second edition of this bestselling book, your practical, user-friendly guide to the Prevent-Teach-Reinforce (PTR) model. Developed by highly respected experts on positive behavior support, this research-proven model gives your school team a step-by-step blueprint for reducing problems unresolved by typical behavior management strategies. You'll get explicit guidance and strategies for implementing all five steps of PTR: 1) teaming and goal-setting, 2) collecting data, 3) conducting a PTR Functional Behavioral Assessment, 4) developing a PTR behavior intervention plan, and 5) monitoring progress and making data-based decisions. Enhanced with new research on PTR and fresh content on timely topics like multi-tiered systems of support, this guidebook will help you resolve even the toughest behavior challenges—and improve social and academic outcomes for your whole class.
BENEFITS OF PTR:
- proven effective by research and field testing in real classrooms—PTR was shown to reduce behavior problems and increase evidence of social skills and academic engagement
- structured and explicit, with five systematic steps that take you beyond tips and strategies
- consistent with positive behavior support and derived from the principles of applied behavior analysis
- easily adaptable to the needs and goals of each individual student
- effective for both typically developing students and learners with disabilities and other challenges
New and enhanced material on:
- Using multi-tiered systems of support (MTSS)
- Implementing evidence-based classroom strategies
- Becoming an effective team facilitator
- Collaborating as a strong, cohesive team
- Monitoring progress with the Individualized Behavior Rating Scale Tool
- Developing successful behavior intervention plans
- Creating useful task analyses
- Making data-based decisions
Plus: new case examples that illustrate components of PTR, two in-depth case studies, and new and revised forms (also available online for easy download)
See more here.