Register below for this free expert webinar to learn why ADHD is different for women on Tuesday, December 15 at 1 pm ET.Sign up and you will receive the free webinar replay link after 12/15 as well!
Women’s presentation of ADHD symptoms contributes to the diagnostic confusion that still leaves many women overlooked or misdiagnosed. The perfect storm of internalized symptoms, hormonal fluctuations, and societal expectations yields a distinct set of stressors. Emotional dysregulation also renders women more reactive than proactive. Trapped beneath the weight of stigma, self-doubt, and shame, they lose confidence in their judgment since it often betrays them.
The good news it that experts today are creating holistic treatment plans tailored to women’s needs. Reframing strategies offer women the opportunity to see themselves through a lens of validation and acceptance, to impose self-protective boundaries, and to question obligations. Rather than being silenced by shame, women are learning to trust their own voices.
In this webinar, based on the most up-to-date research on women and ADHD, you will learn:
- How diagnostic challenges can limit accurate identification and treatment of ADHD in women
- Five gender-specific factors that affect the impact of ADHD
- How unpredictable executive functions thwart the ability to conform to society’s expectations
- How fluctuating hormone levels impact ADHD symptoms
- Five factors that increase the risk for negative outcomes with ADHD
- How co-existing conditions complicate the ADHD experience and treatment
- How treatment offers hope with evidence-based strategies that teach self-acceptance, self-respect, and self-compassion