Safety Tools You Can Use
If your loved one with autism is prone to wandering, it is important to have a multi-faceted safety approach, no matter your setting. Here are some safety tools, products and forms to help you get started right away!
- Family Wandering Emergency Plan (FWEP) Template
- First Responder Alert Form
- Big Red Safety Tool Kit: A Digital Guide for Caregivers
- Social Stories for Safety
- Autism Safety Resources and Products
- AWAARE: The Autism Wandering Awareness Alerts Response and Education Coalition
For more safety and wandering prevention resources for families and first responders, visit autismspeaks.org/wandering-resources.
If your child is participating in an Extended School Year (ESY) Program, this list of 7 Steps to Prevent Wandering at Your Child's School can help keep your child safe during the school day.