Helena - September 29th, 2016
You can register here.
The OPI Montana Autism Education Project is delighted to bring Dr. Steve Olivas back to Montana. He has presented across Montana to rave reviews*. This workshop is not just for educators of students with autism spectrum disorder but is for anyone who works with children.
Utilize 75 effective, proven techniques for individually treating children with behavior problems.
- Identify simple, teachable tools and strategies specific for parents and teachers.
- List different medication categories and explain potential effects and side-effects.
- Explain differential diagnostics regarding acting-out disorders such as anxiety, ADHD, bipolarity, oppositional defiance, conduct disorder and depression.
- Develop skills for building a therapeutic relationship with difficult children and teens.
- Describe a spectrum of interventions representing many major theoretical orientations.
*These are some of the reviews from Dr. Steve's recent presentation in Kalispell:
Best lecturer in decades. Information and humor combined for lasting memory.
This conference was my third one with Steve and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Every time, I gain new knowledge and applicable strategies that I can apply to students. He is hilarious and makes learning fun!
This education was Excellent. Great, practical techniques to implement immediately. Great job with basic review. Steve is a fabulous speaker who keeps your attention. This is one of the better trainings I have been to in a long time. Overall my rating would be EXCELLENT.
I absolutely LOVED him!! He was one of the best speakers I have ever seen, if not the best. The combination of excellent information and humor was perfect! I would come see him every time he came to town! Sorry to end every sentence with an exclamation point.
He was very entertaining, I enjoyed his presentation-he had some good information and explained it in a light-hearted way. I would recommend his training to anyone.